Comic Art and Storytelling
Bryn Kanar, AFE Fall 2017
Hello. This page has some info about the Comic Art and Storytelling class I'm teaching at AFE. If you have any questions you can drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comic art is more than funny pictures. In this class you'll learn how to find the stories that matter to you and how to tell them effectively on paper using words and images.
The class will meet Mondays from 9:30 to 10:30 and is for students fifth grade and up.
- September 25th -- What a Character: A look at some comic characters and what makes them so great.
- October 2nd -- Story Spotlight: Everyone brings a comic or graphic novel to show the class.
- October 9th -- The Amazing Story Machine: How do people come up with those great ideas anyway?
- October 16th -- Expressions, Poses and Turns: Bring your characters to life.
- October 23rd -- Places and Things: Ground your story in a specific setting.
- October 30th -- Panels, Balloons, and other Comicalia: The language of comics.
- November 6th -- Storyboarding: Envisioning your story.
- November 13th-- Penciling: It's okay to make mistakes. You can erase.
- November 20th-- No class.
- November 27th-- Progress Report: Share what you've done so far and get feedback.
- December 4th -- Inking and Coloring: This is optional. You can stick with pencil if you want.
- December 11th --The Big Reveal: We share the stories we've made, congratulate each other, and generally celebrate.